A good haircut can entirely change your look. Whether you’re looking to change your style or searching for a classic new ‘do, finding your signature haircut is guaranteed to get you looking and feeling like your best self. A good signature haircut will reflect your personal style and personality while enhancing your natural features. Finding that perfect haircut is the only challenge!
Keep reading for some of our best tips on how to find your signature haircut so that you can find the best style for you:
- Understand Your Hair Texture. Your hair texture plays a big part in determining the haircuts that work best for you. For example, if your hair is thinner, you will likely not want to opt for a haircut that slicks it back or makes it look like you’re losing hair. Instead, you’ll want something that gives you more If your hair is curlier or more voluminous, think about a hairstyle that will enhance your curls while taming down a little bit of the frizziness.
- Make sure your haircut is easy for you to maintain. Anything that involves you cutting your hair in between appointments is too high maintenance for you to consider. Consider how often you’ll need to visit a barber or hair stylist to maintain your haircut. Fades will likely need to be redone every two weeks, while longer, more classic styles need a touch-up every 4-5 weeks. If visiting the hair salon every two weeks is too much for you, then there are better signature cuts for your lifestyle.
- Face. Like hair texture, your face shape is another thing to consider when choosing a signature haircut. Your face shape can help you weed out some styles over others, as some haircuts are more suited for different face shapes. Heart-shaped faces work best with mid-length styles, while round faces are best with shorter cuts with a more voluminous hairline to elongate the face. Square faces have more freedom, as most styles and cuts will look great with this face shape. You may also want to consider facial hair styles.
- Ease of Styling. Think about how easy your haircut is to style. Can you roll right out of bed and off to work without doing anything? Do you need a little bit of pomade to help it stay in place? Or do you need a full blow-drying routine to look just right? If you can’t style it easily, it may not be the right style for you. Consider your lifestyle as well; if you’re more willing to spend more time on your hair each day, you might have more
- Consult with a Stylist. If you’re getting overwhelmed, don’t fret! Speak with a stylist and let them recommend a haircut that works best with your features and your lifestyle. They’ll have the relevant expertise to help style your hair, and they’ll be able to tell you exactly what products you need to style your hair on your
Schedule an appointment at Main Street Barber Shop for all your men’s hair care services. We offer fantastic prices for cuts, fades, beard trims, and shaves. For more information on available services that fit your individualized needs, call us at 630-968-8009 or make an appointment with one of our experienced staff members online today!